Chef Lorenzo's recipe: pork filet with wine and ham powder
Ingredients for 4 servings
800 g pork filet
1 white onion
Thyme, sage and rosemary
2 garlic cloves
4 slices ham
Enough salt and pepper
1 glass Tirreno wine
30 g di butter
1. For the ham powder: cook the ham in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes, take from the oven and put for 1 hour in the freezer. Then blend until you get a fine powder. Set aside.
2. Cook the filet in oven with some olive oil at 150°C for 15 minutes, take out from the oven, roll into the ham powder and let cool down.
3. Chopp leeks and onion, sauté with olive oil and butter, add half glass of water and allow to cook until very soft. Add salt and pepper and blend to get a creamy sauce.
4. Put again the filet in the oven for 10 minutes at 200°C, leave it to cool and slice it.
5. In the still hot pan, add the wine, put it on the heat until it turns in to a nice sauce.
6. Put some onion puree on the plate, set the filet slices on it and garnisch with some wine sauce.
As pairing we suggest Tirreno Maremma Toscana Doc, perfect with pasta with game sauce, meat stews and baked vegetables