Chef's recipe: Risotto with asparagus, gorgonzola, lardo di Colonnata and bread crumbs
Ingredients for 4 people
400 g of Carnaroli rice or Vialone nano
150 g of lardo di Colonnata
400 g of fresh green asparagus
100 g of butter
1 white onion
Two glasses of white wine
A medium-sized potato
1 Celery coast
100 g of breadcrumbs
A branch of thyme, sage, rosemary
Salt and pepper
1. Make a vegetable stock with asparagus bottoms, carrot, onion, celery and potato tails, serving about 1.5 liters.
2. Cut the central part of the asparagus into large slices, sauté with a half onion finely chopped. Allow to cook for about ten minutes, then blend in a smooth cream. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut the asparagus tips into small rounds and keep aside.
4. Add a little oil and the finely chopped aromatic herbs to the breadcrumbs, pass in the oven to form the bread crumbs.
5. Blend the lard, obtain small balls and pass them in breadcrumbs. Keep in the fridge for at least an hour. Chop the rest of the onion, brown it with a little oil in the pan, add the rice, blend with the white wine and reduce completely. Add the asparagus cream and cook with the stock, adding a little at a time. Add the asparagus tips cut finely four minutes before the end so that they remain crisp. Stir in the gorgonzola and serve, place the lard in the breadcrumbs in the center of the risotto and serve.